Hobbs Heirloom Fusible Cotton Blend 80/20 Wadding 96'' wide by the Yard
Hobbs bonded Fibers is pleased to present a reasonable alternative to basting, spraying forma fusible can of spray, or using iron on interfacings. Heirloom Fusible will temporarily iron on to other materials that can be ironed. If desired, front and back can be ironed on separately, or at the same time should that be convenient. Product can be hand of machine quilted and can be quilted up to 4" apart.
Certain quilters/crafters find basting, spraying iron on additives themselves or using Fusible interfacings either objectionable or cost prohibitive. With Heirloom Fusible it is possible to temporarily attach top and bottom fabrics to the batting by ironing with the iron set on "cotton" setting. This is not a permanent attachment, and can be peeled off and reattached if need be. When Washed the product becomes similar to Heirloom Premium 80/20 Cotton batting.
Use and Care
1. If used straight from the package, Heirloom cotton can shrink up to 3%. This allows the batt to shrink after quilting and create the desired look of antique puckering.
2. Cotton quilts can be washed many times and tend to become softer and more beautiful with time. Keep your quilts clean.
3. Use only a very gentle detergent like Orvus that does not contain phosphorus. This type of detergent is safe for the batting as well as the fabric.
4. Using your washing machine as a vehicle for water, wash in tepid water. Agitate manually. A 15 minute wash cycle if sufficient.
5. Rinse in tepid water until all detergent is removed, agitate manually.
6. Spin excess water out.
7. Dry quilts flat. Dryers can be very damaging to batting as well as the dyes on the surface of the fabric.
8. When the quilt is just barely damp, it can be placed in the dryer on air for a few minutes to fluff and soften the batting and the fabric.
(Including VAT at 20%)
Enter e-mail address to tell a friend